Series: NASCAR K&N Pro Series East
Race: 12 of 16 – August 1st, 2014
Driver: Gray Gaulding
Truck: No. 20 Krispy Kreme Chevrolet Impala
Driver’s Point Standings: 3rd (-74)
Track: Iowa Speedway
Race: Autolite Iridium XP 150
Distance: 150 Laps / 131.25 Miles
Broadcast: Friday, August 8th at 11:00AM EST
- This will be Gaulding’s fourth start at the Iowa Speedway and his 30th NASCAR K&N Pro Series start.
- In three previous starts at Iowa Speedway, Gaulding has one top-10 with an average starting position of 9th and finishing position of 15.3.
- Doug Howe will serve as crew chief for the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts team. This will be Doug Howe’s second start at Iowa Speedway as crew chief in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series, he also has three previous starts in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
From the Driver’s Seat with Gray Gaulding: “I’m really excited about getting back in the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts K&N Pro Series car. We’re taking the same car from New Hampshire where we had a solid run and led over 50 laps. Me and Iowa haven’t had the best runnings but I know the guys wanna turn that around this weekend.”
On top of Box with Crew Chief Doug Howe: “I always enjoy racing at Iowa. It’s a unique racetrack that has different variables you don’t see at many other race tracks and it produces some good racing for the K&N Pro series.”
Chassis Facts: Doug Howe has chose chassis NTS-134.
- Known as “The Fastest Short Track on the Planet”
- 0.875 mile tri-oval
- 12-14 degrees of compound banking in the corners
- 10 degrees of banking on the front stretch
- 4 degrees of banking on the back stretch
Stay Social with Gray:
- For the latest news, notes, and appearance information follow @GrayGaulding and @TeamNTS20 on Twitter
- Track Twitter: @IowaSpeedway
- Event Hashtag: #Caseys150
Stop by the local Krispy Kreme Doughnuts:
Starting Monday, March 19th try the Brownie Batter and Birthday Cake Batter Doughnuts. The local shop for
Iowa Speedway is at 1880 NW 86th St. Clive, IA 50325.
About NTS Motorsport
Established in Bakersfield, California by Bob Newberry, NTS Motorsports is a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) and NASCAR K&N Pro Series (NKNPSE) team based in Kernersville, North Carolina. NTS Motorsports began as a family racing team and has quickly emerged as one of the most competitive teams in NASCAR. Continuing to develop talented drivers, NTS fields cars on the West Coast in the Spears SRL South West Tour and the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West. In 2014, NTS will field two full-time cars in the NKNPSE and two full-time trucks in the NCWTS.
About Krispy Kreme:
Krispy Kreme (NYSE: KKD) is an international retailer of premium-quality sweet treats, including its signature Original Glazed(r) doughnut. Headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., the Company has offered the highest-quality doughnuts and great-tasting coffee since it was founded in 1937. Krispy Kreme is proud of its Fundraising program, which for decades has helped non-profit organizations raise millions of dollars in needed funds. Today, Krispy Kreme can be found in over 800 locations in more than 20 countries around the world. Connect with Krispy Kreme at www.krispykreme.com.
For more information about NTS Motorsports, visit ntsmotorsports.com.
For more information about Krispy Kreme visit KrispyKreme.com
Follow us on Twitter @TeamNTS @TeamNTS20 and @GrayGaulding